Leadership Development Initiatives
Previously Funded Initiatives
The following examples of strategies, programs and approaches, as exemplified by previous grant recipients, are provided as a source of ideas but are not intended to limit thinking about the best way to achieve the unique leadership development objectives of each proposed leader or emerging leader and each specific organization.
We want you to determine the best fit for your leaders and organizations.
- Conferences and or workshops that are part of a larger leadership development strategy
- Consulting services (examples listed below)
- Training and or coaching either brought in house or provided externally
- Courses or certificates offered by local colleges and universities that are directly related to building leadership capacity & characteristics, not merely content or field knowledge
- National African-American Women’s Leadership Institute (NAWLI)
- Nonprofit Executive Leadership Institute (NELI) Certificate Programs at Bryn Mawr College Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research: 1) Spring of 2024 Leading with Impact (formerly Building Organizational Resilience) and 2) Fall of 2024 Set Your Sights on Organizational Leadership.
- The Non Profit Center at La Salle University: Certificates, classes, consulting, succession planning, and Peer Leaders Learning Circles
- Leadership Philadelphia
- Executive Programs at the Center for Social Impact Strategy, University of Pennsylvania
- Building DEI Capacity for Nonprofit Leaders and Organizations, The Sorkin Center at Compass https://compassprobono.org/services/sorkin-center/
- Women in Leadership Cornell Certificate Program https://ecornell.cornell.edu/certificates/leadership-and-strategic-management/women-in-leadership/
Consulting Service Providers
The following is a list of consultants who have previously worked with Valentine grantees, including the name of the grantee organization they worked with.
This resource has been shared to help leadership grant applicants explore possible options, but is not intended as an exclusive list or to endorse any particular individual or group.
- Tiffenia D. Archie, PhD., Temple University
- Amadee Braxton, https://www.dragonfly-partners.com/
- June Grushka-Rosen, ExtraordinarYou
- Alison Gerig, LCSW
- Sonya Weigle, SWC Management Consulting
- Robbe Healey, Aurora Philanthropic
- Anti-Oppression Resources and Training Alliance, AORTA
- Dorel Shannon, Dorel Shannon Consulting
- Lee Nussbaum Fogel, Visioning Body
- Tammi Lloyd at The NEBO Company https://nebocompany.com/about/team/tammi-lloyd/
- Dr. Deidre Anderson, Trailblazers Coaching and Consulting http://www.trailblazers-inc.com/services/
- Kristen Crockett- The Crockett Collective, https://kristencrockett.com/training
- Alvina Peat, https://alvinapeat.com