Grant Application Procedure
Foundation Grant Schedule
- The Letter of Intent (LOI’s) open on June 30, 2023.
- The deadline for submitting a Letter of Intent for the 2023 Valentine Foundation grant cycle is August 31, 2023.
- If your LOI is selected, the full application is due November 3, 2023.
- The Valentine Foundation awards grants once a year by the end of November 2023.
- Letter of Intent Questions For information only, LOI must be completed and submitted online.
- Application Questions For information only, Application must be submitted online
- Grant Application Guidelines
- Social Change Indicators Matrix (PDF)
You may discuss more than one Social Change Indicator with your application, but you must designate one as primary.
2023 Virtual Information Sessions
We will be hosting two virtual (Zoom) information sessions for applicants:
Session 1- July 26, 2023 at 10:00 am
Zoom Link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/88267552452?pwd=blJkUXYweXFCUGpiZkJFZFZzMlk2QT09
Session 2- August 8, 2023 at 5:00 pm
Zoom Link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84205614815?pwd=YitiNklSTzFPRS9QbVRQaVdFRFBvZz09
If you are unable to make either scheduled Zoom meeting and have a question, please email us at email@example.com.
Letters of Intent, Grant Applications and any additional required forms must be submitted online. LOI’s are due August 31, 2023. Grant Applications are due November 3, 2023.
Having trouble with the online application?
Please review these instructional resources for completing your online application.
Grant Evaluation Process
The Valentine Foundation Trustees will review all of the letters of intent after the August 31, 2023 submissions. They will rank the proposals in our grantmaking system and the top proposals will be discussed at meeting in October.
The organizations that are selected at this stage of the process will be contacted by a Trustee, given feedback about the request and invited to submit a full proposal. The Trustees meet again in November to review the detailed proposals and make the final grant allocations. The grants are mailed by the end of November.